An Evolution of the Air Speed developed with the Elite Olympic Triathletes at the Leeds Brownlee Triathlon Centre.
Our wind tunnel test at the Boardman Performance Centre proved the Air Speed to be the fastest at 40kph.
The addition of the magnetic clip for smoother transitions makes this the perfect helmet for Triathlon.
"Our Wind Tunnel tests have proved that the helmet is responsible for around 20% of the aerodynamic drag of a rider on a bicycle, while the remaining 80% is due to the athlete’s position on the saddle.
The helmet is therefore the fundamental element to minimise the frontal area and to determine a better aerodynamic penetration.
Not only did we do three-dimensional simulation supports, using CFD software, but we also took into account the numerous variables, especially in competitions, when the rider hardly remains on the saddle in the same position, moving the head countless times.
Designers found the perfect combination between aerodynamic advantage (wind tunnel test) and better dynamics both on open roads and in velodromes (tests in real-life environmental conditions).
It was during one of the recent road training sessions in Calpe and indoor at the Valencia velodrome, that the Astana Team riders were able to really test the helmet. They got incredibly excited at the performance of the helmet that makes the Air Speed the ideal aero road helmet."